Saturday, July 5, 2008

Python wisdom


I know I've been remiss here in the past days; please stick with me, I'll be back.

The problem is a lack of time, and personal energy (got plenty of electricity, since the sun is shining daily just now) - and my personal curse, which my sister the shrink calls an "educated disability"; i.e., the inability to give a short version - of anything.

There's no shortage of stuff to write about; the problem is that when I start thinking about a post; it gets longer, and longer,- can't leave THAT aspect out... oh, and , it connects over here...  

Just currently stuck in that rut.  I'll work it out.

Meanwhile; here is nice story, relevant in many many ways to today's changing world- about the floods- and dead fish.

Tsk, tsk; all that flooding and now there are tons of fish rotting on the lawns.  Hard not to giggle.

As the article points out- "Carp are rich in phosphorus and nitrogen, so they also can be buried in gardens or used in composting if you can stand the smell."

It's a free resource, folks!  La Crunchella DeSpill  has been subverting the masses to get folks to hoard the family pee- and recycle it through the tomatoes- obviously, in this changing world, we can't afford to just toss away all that fertilizer.  And it's obviously, also, a gift, for heaven's sakes, from the Universal powers, that we shouldn't spurn.  Obviously.

I have this trick brain that sometimes just fills in the blanks for me; way ahead of where I'm asking it for input, and in this case, it flashed here, to the brilliant bit in "Monty Python And The Holy Grail".

It's perfect.  "Bring out your carp!"

Clang.

Man, somebody in Janesville Wisconsin really needs to DO this.  


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm familiar with that affliction! I imagine it tends to just get worse -- might as well think of it as wisdom rather than a curse.

I wonder if recognizing fertilizer that is right under our noses will pass for what some would call American ingenuity and "can do" attitude. I've been wondering why nobody seems to be selling the contents of those livestock confinement lagoons (stuff that once would have been used to fertilize our fields), instead of letting us endure its environmental damage while natural gas is expended on the artificial kind.

Actually, I have an ulterior motive in posting here for the first time -- wish you could find the time to make a repeat appearance at No Impact Man this weekend and add your view of the future as one who has clearly walked the talk for a long time. Or does your choice of Monty Python humor pretty much say it all?

Anonymous said...

Too bad it's not the time of year to plant corn, or we could bury a fish with each one. Or don't they teach that in history anymore?

ehmeelu said...

Another Monty Python possibility for the fish: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhJQp-q1Y1s

knutty knitter said...

I have memories of my dad catching a large barracouta one holiday. It was a vicious looking thing and not good to eat but it was so hard to get the hook out - lots of very sharp teeth - that he just killed it fast and we buried it in the vege patch. We got a good crop of yams that year!

ps. If you want to know about the lantern walk its on my blog (only if you have the time - I'm not nearly as interesting as this blog :)
viv in nz