Monday, December 3, 2007

Guest post- the Caped Crunchy Strikes.

It has indeed been too long; sorry about that.  Just going through some complex/tough patches here, and I don't really want to burden everyone with every little silly thing.

Found this in my mail this morning, and it made me smile a lot.  An excellent nudge, Crunch.  Thanks.  

I DO have a new post in the works here; within a couple days.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey there,

I hope you guys are doing okay. I noticed it's been almost a month since you've had time to post anything on your blog and I'm sure your readers are getting restless.

Anyway, I took it upon myself to write up a little guest post that you can slap up if you want. Don't feel like you have to, I just hope that things aren't too horrible over there that you don't have time for us anymore :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know Greenpa has been quite busy with home and life and I wanted to share why I like this blog so much...

Top 5 reasons to read Little Blog in the Big Woods:

1. The unapologetic tone
2. The willingness to slap the rest of us mere mortals out of our consumptive-driven stupor
3. The super-long, ultra-dense posts that take hours to wade through and fully digest (for example)
4. The years of experience in doing something that the rest of us are just now dipping our toes into
5. The man's got a THWASPCO, for crying out loud

- Pollo Crujiente

4 comments:

Theresa said...

I hope things settle down a bit for you soon, Greenpa. You've had to deal with such a lot lately.

Crunchy Chicken's reminders remind me of a reason I like to read this blog: even though you have been doing this for a long time, you never patronize those of us just starting to learn.

Thanks for all your words of wisdom!

Oldnovice said...

That was very thoughtful, Crunchy. I just figure, when my favorite bloggers haven't written anything in a while, life outside the blogosphere has filled even the blogosphere time, so stop by again another day. It wouldn't have occurred to me that anything might necessarily be WRONG with life outside the blogosphere. Busy just crosses platforms sometimes.

Chile said...

Glad to hear ya'll are still there. Thanks, Ms. Pollo, for pushing Abuelo Verde back online. (Babelfish is just way too much fun!)

Anonymous said...

Just finished The Land Remembers. Oh man. I've already started it again.

Thanks so much for the recommendation. Really.

Annette (Alaska)